21/12/2018, updated 15/06/2023
Do you have a question about a visa for Chile? You may find the answer here. If not, send us a short email, and we'll try to help if we have the answer.
We have moved most questions to the bottom of each corresponding page. See the links below.
Frequently Asked Questions
- FAQ about temporary residency
- FAQ about permanent residency
- FAQ about the investor visa
- FAQ about the retirement/rentista visa
- FAQ about citizenship
Frequently Asked Questions about immigration fines in Chile
What kind of immigration infractions can be committed?
There are three types of infractions:
- Staying in Chile with an expired visa (tourist, work, temporary) or expired temporary residency.
- Working without permission. Both the foreigner and the employer granting the job might be sanctioned.
- Not requesting an identity card within 30 days after obtaining a temporary visa or the permanent residence.
What is the amount of the sanctions or fines?
It depends on the type of infraction, its duration, if there are previous sanctions, and if there is a report from the International Police.
How do I know the amount I have to pay? Where should I pay the penalty or fine?
Go to the website of the immigration service to calculate and pay your fine.
Get help to relocate to Chile!
Banking, Health, Visas… Receive Free Daily tips to prepare your moveJOIN FREE